FY16 February Executive Director Report
National bookings and national publicity
- Currently we are at $174,400 for confirmed bookings in FY17 on a goal of $390,000 including an appearance at the Metropolitan Museum of New York. This will be our third consecutive year in NY.
- Cantus appearance at prestigious “Greene Space” on February 8 was a huge success. They would like to invite Cantus back for a Christmas program (unlikely because of tour schedule).
- The success of the Cantus/Chanticleer video has inspired the idea of a joint concert.
- We hope to start with a local concert and see if there is additional interest from both parties to discuss a tour.
- Concert would be presented by Cantus as a fundraiser. Both ensembles would perform on their own and then present joint repertoire.
- Likely dates will be in the 2017-2018 season but could be as soon as October 2016.
- McKnight grant submitted
- Application to Chorus America/Dale Warland Fund for new work for FY17 from Gabriel Kahane completed.
- Driscoll Foundation gave a first gift of $10,000 for our high school program. This is included in our projection.
- A box lunch is scheduled for Westminster congregation and ensemble members for Sunday March 6 after the 10:30 service.
- This is part of our continuing effort to build this relationship.
- Thanks to Priscilla Northenscold for making this happen! Thanks to the ensemble for making the time.
- A reminder that the Westminster lot will not be available to us after April 21. Joey has prepared a review of local parking options. Staff and singers will be responsible for their own parking and/or metro needs until the new building is finished.
- Audition day is Friday, February 26. We audition singers whether we know that there will be an opening or not. This will be the first event open to donors at the +$5000 level. Mary and Carly will manage this so as not to interrupt the process for the ensemble
- We are using one broker now for all of our insurance needs. Arthur Gallagher & Co. is now managing our insurance.
- We renewed health insurance with BlueCross Blue Shield. Dental and short and long-term disability benefits are unchanged.
- The rest of the insurance portfolio of D&O, liability and workman’s comp coverage is being reviewed as well.