FY16 April Development and Marketing Manager Report
- Individual Giving thus far:
- As of 4/21/16: 631 gifts totaling $78,838 (69% to goal)
- This time last year: 511 gifts totaling $58,424 (58% to goal)
- Record number of donations returned from Would You Harbor Me? (WYHM?) program book (12 gifts totaling $2,175)
- Next fundraising mailing will focus on our access work, having just wrapped up WYHM?
- Bridge Fund thus far:
- 9 pledges totaling $17,750 (77% to goal)
- Special thanks to Katie and Brock for leading the task force to find an additional $23,000 in individual funding.
- Extra thanks to Board and friends who have made and/or developed relationships to help us reach 77% of our goal.
- As of 4/21/16: 250 tickets totaling $38,450 (74% to ticketing goal)
- The Engagement Committee, Mary and Carly made follow-up phone calls and emails to past attendees and major donors this past week
- Reservation/entrée selection/guest name deadline: Friday, April 29!
- Tell your friends! For more information, visit cantussings.org/idol and to make your reservation call 612.435.0055
- Would You Harbor Me?
- Final: 1284 tickets totaling $32,508 (88% to goal)
- The Singing Revolution last year: 1616 tickets totaling $41,643
- Major differences: earlier in March, not as heavy of a topic, last year was grand opening of Ordway Concert Hall
- Challenging topic but wonderful press and word-of-mouth reactions helped surpass our numbers from The Four Loves
- Monday, April 4, 9:35am: WCCO (segment and 2 songs)
- Thursday, April 7, 9:30am: Fox-9 (segment and 1 song)
- Friday, April 8, 4-4:30pm: KARE-11 (segment)
- Saturday, April 9: StarTribune Review
- 180 homeless members of our community attended and reacted positively to the free performance at the downtown library on Monday, April 11
- Covers: A Pop Concert
- As of 4/21/16: 724 tickets totaling $21,043 (43% to goal)
- This time last year: 696 tickets totaling $19,425 (45% to goal – goal was smaller)
- May 4: Video recording day at Summit to create “teaser” videos of Covers songs to share on Summit and Cantus social media.
- May 20, 6:00-8:00pm: Social with Cantus at Summit Beer Hall – Cantus will sing a couple songs and staff will be on hand to sell Covers tickets to the public; all are invited!
- 84% to total ticket sale goal for the season
- Date and venue specifics will be presented at the May Board Meeting
- Press release to be distributed the week of May 16; season flyer to be included in Covers programs