Executive Director Report
January 26, 2015
Bookings (national and other) and national publicity
- Reports from the major January booking conferences were very positive
- Tour to the country of Colombia in September is looking very likely
Individual Giving: Annual Fund
- See Contributed Revenue Dashboard for update
Individual Giving: Idol
- Planning has begun for Idol 2015.
- Our overall revenue goal is $110,700.
- Board opportunities for support are in this packet and will be shared at board meeting
- Sponsor seats remain at $250 per person; tables assigned based on date reserved
- Cost for tickets is still TBD
Individual Giving: Kickstarter
- As noted, we are launching a 3-week Kickstarter campaign with a $12,000 goal to cover our commissioning costs for the four new works that will be a part of “The Four Loves,” the fall concert and touring program for next season.
- See Contributed Revenue Dashboard.
- Recent grants:
- Ann Stookey Fund for the David Lang commission as part of “The Four Loves”
- General Mills (with advisement this will be their last year as part of future cut-backs)
- Wenger Foundation (increase)
- Twin Cities Opera Guild
- We were notified that Cantus was not a finalist in the Bush “Community Creativity Cohort.” They received over 200 applications and expect to fund 10.
- The ensemble had a three-week (paid) rest after intense touring in November and December.
- Decisions on an invitation to return for new singers will be made by early February.
- Singers have until April 1 to let the company know if they want to return for the 2015-2016 season.
- A positive 5-month projection means that we can provide a 4% increase in salaries to ensemble members as budgeted beginning February 1.
- Health care costs will increase as planned, but is somewhat under what we had budgeted. With review of new options, we will be able to offer a “gold” plan and cover 80% of the cost of premiums and a “silver” plan for those who want less coverage. For those who choose the silver plan, Cantus will pay the same benefit dollar amount as the gold and the employee’s share will be reduced.
- We are following up on two options regarding space for the office and, possibly, ensemble rehearsals:
2. Identifying a new partner (likely a church) who can provide office space and rehearsal space through a newly defined partnership.
- As part of the objective to “research and write a job description for eventual hiring of Cantus development manager,” we’ve hired Joan Olson to perform an audit of our current development work and provide 1-3 scenarios for hiring in the next few years. Her report will be completed by end of February.