Executive Director's Report
- FY18: With input from the finance committee, singers, and staff, we have arrived at a proposed budget, which I look forward to discussing with you.
- Cash flow: Our cash situation will be tight in mid/late September, but should rebound by mid October with a Sweet Honey box office settlement from Orchestra Hall, payment from our Taiwan presenter, and the lead-up of single-ticket sales for the fall series. As of 7.21.17:
- July 16-31: $21,444
- Aug. 1-15: $24,962
- Aug. 16-31: $8,119
- Sept. 1-15: $5,523
- Sept. 16-30: ($3,949)
- Oct. 1-15: $7,673
- Oct. 16-31: $38,361
- Minnesota State Arts Board: This week, we received notice our Operating Support grant will be $52,080 – a drop of more than $26,000 from the previous year. Based on feedback from our MSAB program officer, this is tied to a large reduction in overall funds available, among other factors.
- MSAB Touring: With help from Patricia, we submitted a separate touring proposal for $33,000 to support Minnesota engagements.
- National Endowment for the Arts: Our proposal will be submitted this week.
- Target Foundation: We received a grant of $20,000 earlier this month – support level with last year. Brock and I have a meeting scheduled with our foundation program officer in early August.
- Marbrook Foundation: We submitted an LOI for funding of “For the Beauty of the Earth,” the Spring 2018 program. This would be a new potential source of funding.
- Individual fundraising: We are closing out FY17 particularly well in this area – thank you for your support! Joey will provide additional info in his report.
- Planning to plan: Consultant John Hovanec and I have met twice to reflect on great input from the board at the last meeting and from the singers at a company meeting. He is providing a framework to help map the process.
HR and Administration
- Search for a new engagement associate: We have narrowed the pool to two finalists, with an offer to be made in the coming week.