Development & Marketing Manager Report
FY17 – January 18, 2017
2017 Cantus Idol
- Individual Giving for FY17:
- Received as of 1/18/17: $72,130 (with pledges 59% to goal)
- At this time last year: $69,906 (61% to goal)
- Direct Mail #1 hit homes December 2
- Direct Mail #2 was scheduled to hit homes December 26
- Some donors did not receive this letter until January 3. Report from mail house explained that mail slows down between Christmas and New Years – a disappointment but something to remember in the future. Fortunately it did not seem to hurt our numbers. This year’s DM #2 performed better than last year’s DM #2.
- Almost ready to submit the MSAB General Operating grant (due January 20) and Target Foundation (due February 1). Positive thoughts!
- Highlights from December:
- Received a new $500 donation from CEO of General Mills & MPR Board Member, Ken Powell and Wendy Bennett
- Wenger Foundation increased their gift from $3,000 to $5,000
- Received a $5,000 grant from Ann and Gordon Getty Foundation
- James and Kathryn Vogl gave an additional $500 after enjoying our Christmas concert
2017 Cantus Idol
- May 8, 2017 at ARIA
- Ticket prices will remain the same as last year
- $250 – Sponsor Level (premier seating, 3-course dinner, free parking, and one complimentary drink)
- $125 – Dinner Level (preferred seating, 3-course dinner, and access to cash bar)
- $50 – Dessert Level (ticket to the event, dessert, and access to cash bar)
- Idol Committee has met and is current working on the following:
- Possible layout to include more seating
- Décor for the room
- Gathering proposals from potential caterers
- Seeking corporate sponsors
- HSR student and teacher involvement at the event (singing, speaking, garnering excitement for our education work)
- Reenergizing live auction and securing seed donors for Fund-a-Need
- Christmas with Cantus
- FINAL: 3103 tickets totaling $83,921 (93% to goal)
- Last year: 3316 tickets totaling $81,642 (111% to goal)
- This years goal was our highest CWC goal yet with eight performances
- America Will Be!
- As of 1/18/17: 544 sold (41% to goal)
- Receiving $2,000 from YWCA to help sponsor our video production throughout the show
- YWCA will provide individuals for us to interview for the videos
- YWCA will provide 1-2 individuals to help with post-show Q&A
- Zac is working to bring in choirs to sing together on stage. Including small ensembles from Twin Cities Gay Men’s Chorus, Collipe, and Prairie Fire Lady Choir.
- 458 tickets totaling $13,259 (24% to goal)
- Hoping for excitement surrounding Sgt. Pepper’s 50th anniversary
- Unfortunately, Summit is not able to be a financial sponsor, but we’re in talks about continuing a promotional sponsorship
- Our “Songs of Travel” Chamber Concert Series will run July 18-19 at the American Swedish Institute and The Museum of Russian Art. 7:00pm. Tickets will cost $20 and on sale in December.
- The Germanic-Institute is no longer able to host us on July 20. We are seeking a new “travel-themed” venue in St. Paul. Suggestions? Please contact Carly.